Japanese folded fabric patchwork

Sunday 4 September 2011

One of the things keeping me quiet recently is Japanese folded fabric patchwork.

I learnt about this at the Knitting and Stitching Show last year, and I'll be learning more at a WI workshop later this year.

One technique uses two different sizes of hexagon fabrics, stitched together on top of each other at an angle with wadding in the middle.

I find them quick and easy to do and the best bit is the quilting is done with each piece as you go along.



I've done about 60 so far in all sorts of different materials (I had to do a lot of stash shopping- oh no!).



The plan is to make them into a quilt, for which I will need several hundred!

Each one takes about 30 minutes, so a few more hours yet ...

1 comments:

Valerie Monday, 05 September, 2011  

Very pretty. I regret never having had a go at making quilts.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP