Festival of Quilts

Sunday 19 August 2012

Sincere apologies for being a very bad blogger recently. I have been doing some stitching, but there's a lot of stuff getting on top of me at the moment so I'm not in the best frame of mind, to put it mildly.

But yesterday I went on a coach trip with some fellow WI ladies to the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham, so that was a nice distraction.

We saw a lot of amazing quilts and spent many hours wandering round. I did a reasonable amount of shopping, although I didn't buy fabric!

Here are some highlights ...

At the Embroiderers' Guild stand, putting some stitches into a group canvaswork project.


Meeting Jennie Rayment - amazing quilt lady and so fun to talk to.


Beautiful quilts ...







This lady's were my favourite of the whole show ...




And some more quilts ...



Finally, my stash. A hexagon die to cut out my papers for English paper piecing on my Big Shot. So much quicker! A book on fabric origami. New embroidery scissors. Bobbins. And a postacard of a kimono quilt.


Hayley and I also did a short workshop on Baltimore quilting and this is what I created ...



And finally, I stopped by to see the lovely Katie of Japan Crafts and decided to buy myself a vintage Kimono jacket. It is beautiful. One day, when I am rather more practiced at Japanese embroidery, I will do some decorative stitching on it.


1 comments:

liannejhare Sunday, 19 August, 2012  

They all look really beautiful

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP