Saturday, 26 June 2010
Wooo have just booked tickets for mum and I to go to the Knitting and Stitching Show 2010 in Harrogate. We're off on Sunday, November 28 and are booked on to four workshops - making a vintage-style apron, button dolls, Japanese folded patchwork and Angelina fibres. Seems so far away but am sure it will come round quickly. Last year's show was fantastic so am really excited. Will be a nice weekend with my mum as well - we're going to head to Harrogate on Saturday and get a hotel overnight. Proper treat for us!
Anyways, I strongly suggest you go take a look at the website. Not only is it a great day out but you can bag some real bargains and the workshops are great for learning lots of new things. There are shows in London and Dublin as well.
This afternoon I have been at Julie's for her card making class for boys. We did four altogether, all different and fab. The first two here are the monkey for kids and a funky one for teens. The monkey is made just by punching out different shapes! I'm going to do another of these and put the Sweet Treats cups in his belly so it looks like he's eaten the bananas! The other combines two of my favourite things - stars and turquoise!
Second two tomorrow.
Vicky has given me a Beautiful Blogger Award. Many thanks!
I now need to tell you 10 things about myself apparently ...
1. I have 12 tattoos, my most recent being inspired by my starsign (Aquarius), my fondness for water and obsession with Fleetwood Mac.
2. I am obsessed with Fleetwood Mac. Haha. I think they are all the most awesome musicians ever.
3. I love cats. I curently have a ginger kitten called Bodd.
4. I cannot stand sweetcorn.
5. I love fast cars and bikes - dream machines are an Audi R8 in white and a Ducati 848 in white.
6. Jenson Button and Valentino Rossi are my fave sports stars.
7. I once met Lemmy fromMotorhead in the men's toilets ...
8. Jager is the best drink ever.
9. Purple is my favourite colour.
10. I have the best family and friends ever.
So there goes. I will pass the nomination on later today ...
Last night I went round to see Julie, my soon-to-be SU mummy, for some playtime. I only actually made one card, but I used Vintage Vogue and Flight of the Butterfly a lot to do some stamping so I can make some more cards with them over the weekend. Got the Tea Party papers on the way so used matching ink colours, should look pretty. Thanks Julie for letting me play.
On Tuesday evening I went round to Julie's to join in her monthly Team Training as I am soon to become a Stampin' Up! demo. Hurrah! The ladies were all lovely, we had tea and a cake and made the house card you see above. (Check out Julie's version on her blog).
First time for me using a Stampin' Around and the blender pens. I still have ink on my fingers ...