An iPad cover

Saturday 25 February 2012

Having invested in an iPad the other week I had to then make myself some sort of pouch to keep it in.

Rather foolishly I decided it should be patchwork, which meant it took rather a long time to complete (six hours to be exact!).

In fact, it took me nearly as long to decide which fabric to use! In the end I settled for Etchings by 3 Sisters for Moda, which I had a charm pack of. I selected the prints I wanted to use and set about cutting them into 2" squares.

Here I am ready to go ...


And here are all the squares ...


The next step was to piece them together. I sewed them into strips, then sewed the strips together, and quilted them down to a piece of batting with a red zigzag stitch.


This made the back piece and envelope flap. For the front piece of the pocket I used a plain fabric with one strip of the squares on.

Stitched together round the edges, et voila!




I also made a binding for the top of the pocket in the same strip of squares.


It was certainly a labour of love and it works just great, but if I make similar things again there will not be anywhere near as much patchwork!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP