Saturday, 25 February 2012
Having invested in an iPad the other week I had to then make myself some sort of pouch to keep it in.
Rather foolishly I decided it should be patchwork, which meant it took rather a long time to complete (six hours to be exact!).
In fact, it took me nearly as long to decide which fabric to use! In the end I settled for Etchings by 3 Sisters for Moda, which I had a charm pack of. I selected the prints I wanted to use and set about cutting them into 2" squares.
Here I am ready to go ...
And here are all the squares ...
The next step was to piece them together. I sewed them into strips, then sewed the strips together, and quilted them down to a piece of batting with a red zigzag stitch.
This made the back piece and envelope flap. For the front piece of the pocket I used a plain fabric with one strip of the squares on.
Stitched together round the edges, et voila!
It was certainly a labour of love and it works just great, but if I make similar things again there will not be anywhere near as much patchwork!