My birthday week

Saturday 11 February 2012

T'was my birthday on Thursday and I was very lucky to spend at the The WI's Denman College in Oxfordshire.

My room ...



I was there as the College Host for the week, which meant I was there to assist with any problems and generally keep an eye on the students and visitors.

This turned out to be the main part of my job as Hazel Everett was there teaching a goldwork course and she always manages to have a classful of cheeky women! There was plenty of laughing going on, but their work was fantastic too.

It was incredibly busy at times but always great fun and I met some lovely people.

On my birthday everyone sang as I walked into the dining room for breakfast and there were lots of treats and surprises for me. I can think of no better way to spend a birthday than in beautiful, peaceful surroundings with dozens of (slightly crazy) women and having all your meals cooked for you!

Among my pressies I had a box of cucpcakes delivered from my friend Kat, Hazel's goldwork book, plenty of wine and sweeties and .... an experience day at Silverstone!

Hayley, Helen, Flower and my mum had coordinated to get me a session driving a single-seater at the track. I was so excited and overwhelmed with it all I was bawling like a baby!

Cupcakes ...



Needless to say I had an excellent birthday and a really lovely week.

On Thursday night I hosted a quiz for some of the students, which seemed to go down well, and we even got a bit of snow.

Denman in the snow ...







I'm back at Denman next month for a conference, then a further two times later this year for WI Adviser training.

1 comments:

Alex Spence Sunday, 12 February, 2012  

It looks lovely in the snow! I hope you had an ace birthday.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP