HST pinwheel table runner and pot holder

Wednesday 18 April 2012

As promised, here is my second entry into the Festival of Half Square Triangles.

I had a charm pack of Fa-La-La-La-La by French General for Moda to put to use, and since I'm not that keen on the patterns myself (which makes me wonder why I even bought it) I decided to make something for my mum.

Her house is bursting with cushions, stitched pictures and all sorts of random things I have made for her, so I decided that a table runner and pot holder were the way forward. Actually, I mostly decided this because they are square/rectangular, I had all the bits needed and they're not too fiddly.

First I matched up the charm squares - in each pair I tried to get one busy and one more plain so there was enough contrast.

Then I made the half square triangles and stitched them into pinwheel configurations.



I used a thermal wadding and mottled red fabric for the backing, basted together with pins and hand quilted using embroidery floss.





The pot holder comes complete with ribbon loop for hanging!





I ran out of the red fabric so I had to give the table runner a black edge using satin seam binding.



It'll be going in the post to mum soon (as soon as I have finished another project I am working on for her!)

1 comments:

hafza Thursday, 19 April, 2012  

You remind me to make one for my mum too...I love the pattern!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP