A present for my mum - canvaswork paperweight

Thursday 26 April 2012

At the Knitting and Stitching Show last year my mum kept eyeing up the canvaswork kits by Sue Hawkins.

In the end she didn't buy one, so when it came to her birthday at the beginning of March I knew just what to get her.

Rather than sending her a kit, which she probably wouldn't find time to make, I decided I would make it for her and send the finished item.

I chose this paperweight which is finished with a pansy and bee with 3D wings and petals.



Unfortunately I didn't get it done in time for her birthday, so it was to be a Mother's Day present.

But that too came and went. As did Easter.




But now it has been finished and posted off to my lovely mum.
Canvaswork is a favourite of mine because you can create such wonderful texture with just a very simple stitch. I must find time to do it more often!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP