Super Mario Bros QAL

Tuesday 17 July 2012

This is a VERY exciting new project that I have embarked on - a Super Mario Bros patchwork cushion! 

I heard about the QAL over at Cut to Pieces and signed up straight away. Fortunately I had the foresight not to want to do the whole thing but just to do a couple of blocks to make cushion covers. Although that may be reduced to just one block!

Info for the first block went up this week so I got right in there and made a start.

Here are my "pixels".


Can you tell what it is yet?!


Mario!


He's not quite done as annoyingly I ran out of the pale blue background fabric (see bottom left corner). I needed five more squares! So I'll be off to the fabric shop this week to get some more.

It's a new technique for me as well - the squares are fixed on to a stabiliser and then you fold each line in on itself and sew all the way along. That probably makes no sense, and I've yet to try it but it should be ok!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP