Wildlife in Leeds

Monday 2 July 2012

Have you ever noticed how sometimes you just seem to spot more wildlife than usual?

This has been one of those weeks for me. There seem to be more critters around. Or maybe I'm just seeing things better thanks to my new glasses!

Anyway, here are some animal pics ...

This little birdy was sat in my back yard. He seemed to have fallen out of his nest as he couldn't quite fly properly. He managed to get about two inches off the ground and went for about a foot before he had to land. His mummy and daddy were going frantic at him.  He had gone by later in the evening so hopefully they managed to rescue him.
On Tuesday I went for a walk along the canal with Alix. We saw these duckies.

And when we came through the park on the way back we spotted this shaysho (hedgehog). He was a really big one but he was just sat there in the middle of the grass. It was about 7.30pm and still light and really hot so he shouldn't have been out. Maybe the heat had got him confused. We gave him some water and moved him to the hedge and covered him with big leaves so the dogs wouldn't get him. I went back the next day and he was gone so hopefully he felt better in the shade.


I also spotted a ladybug in the yard this week. And there are lots of bees who come to get the pollen from the tiny flowers. There was a caterpillar too but he was tiny and I couldn't get a pic.

And finally, an altogether more strange critter. I spotted this bug in Leeds city centre on Friday. It's so cool! It's made of wires and bits of plastic and pretty rocks. I am guessing it is something to do with the Ludus festival but I didn't see any others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP