A taste of a new craft - bobbin lace

Sunday 9 September 2012

Last Friday I attended a workshop organised by the West Yorkshire Federation of Women's Institutes at the office in Rodley.

The very clever Anne Starkey was teaching us bobbin lace and we got to make a snake bookmark.

Here are my bobbins (Anne had painstakingly 'spangled' them all - putting beads on the end so they look pretty) and the pattern we would be working from.


This is what we were aiming to make ...


So I wound a lot of cotton on to my bobbins ...


And made a start! It was rather therapeutic - the same movement using two pairs of bobbins at a time, weaving them over and under each other.


Nearly at the end!


And I managed to finish my snake!



Very pleased with my efforts, although my tension leaves a little to be desired. I will definitely be doing more of this.

1 comments:

MrsC.x Sunday, 09 September, 2012  

so glad you have discovered lace i have been making lace since i was 5 {im 26 now} and i love that more people are getting into it we need to keep it alive.
charlie.x

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP