A bunch of balloons

Saturday 4 June 2011

Today I have a very bright and colourful card to share, so if you're still half-asleep this should wake you up!

On Bank Holiday Monday, Helen came round for a crafting session. She did some more scrapbook pages (she's done loads now and they're fab!) and I made a few cards.

Helen brought with her a request from her mum for a colourful card in which to put some money for a five-month-old girl. She didn't want to go down the typical baby pinks route, so I came up with this.



The balloon is from the Party This Way set. I stamped several in lots of bright colours and used Daffodil Delight card stock for the base. I attached them all in a bunch with Linen Thread.



Hanging off the bottom is a present! This is just a square of the Sweet & Sour DSP, which is also lovely and bright. I added some Old Olive grosgrain ribbon for the bow and used a Rose Red button to hold the thread together. Helen's mum wanted the card to say "A present for Grace" so I wrote this in one of the Four Frames stamps and punched it out with the coordinating Decorative Label Punch.



Inside she wanted somewhere to put money, and once more it was Big Shot to the rescue! The Scallop Envelope Die is a perfect little pocket for a couple of coins or a note and it fits nicely inside the C6-size card. I cut this out from Sweet & Sour DSP to match the present.

I hope baby Grace will appreciate all these bright colours! It was definitely a fun card to make.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP