Father's Day card and an apology

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Firstly, an apology to my big bro, Matthew. It turns out he does read my blog and his wedding anniversary is not until the end of July, so I have spoiled the surprise of the card he will be getting from our mum! Sorry bro! Maybe she will send a different one instead ...

And further apologies for being a bit lax with the blogging recently. I have been super busy with one thing or another, mostly the WI! Having taken on the role of Editor of West Yorkshire News I have been chasing copy, designing layouts and battling with budgets so far this week! There is fun WI stuff happening too - today I am doing a Jacobean embroidery workshop for the day and later this week I will let you in on some super exciting Buns & Roses news!

For now though, male cards.

I was so glad to see the Plane and Simple set in the Stampin' Up! Mini Catalogue. It is ideal for my dad, as he is the treasurer of his local model flying club and loves to build, fly and crash model airplanes! It's also a good alternative to golf and beer!

Now, I'm fairly sure my dad doesn't read my blog, so here goes with the card he'll be receiving for Father's Day! If you see this dad - sorry!



I went with neutral tones and some embossing and distressing to add interest without having to go for the traditional embellishments such as buttons and ribbon. I used the Square Lattice Embossing Folder for the background piece of cardstock.



The splodges were made using the Sprizer Tool and the edges of the card were roughed up with the Cutter Kit. The label (this is one for my stash to sell hence why it says happy birthday and not happy father's day) was attached with a brad for a bit of movement.

Right, time to get busy with a needle and thread!

1 comments:

Vicky Hayes Wednesday, 15 June, 2011  

Hi Gem. Congratulations on becoming editor of the WY News - does this mean we have to call you MRS Gem now and be very respectful?!! I love the Plane and Simple set too and love what you've done with it here. Great background embossing and colours too. Vx

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP