Fascinator making with Buns & Roses

Friday 3 June 2011

Last night was our fascintaor making workshop at Buns & Roses WI. Hayley very cleverly gave it the title (Sina) Major Tom, sinamay being the scratchy material used to make fascinator bases!

Anyway, seeing as I have made several fascinators now I was there mostly to run the bar and help other members, but I did find time to make a little brooch in the same method.



I used some of the waste sinamay in a rectangle shape. It is also curved at the opposite corners so is quite funky.

I covered it in brown silky material and edged it with orange gingham ribbon.



To decorate I scrunched up some bright orange fabric and orange lace and fastened on with some buttons.



In the opposite top corner I folded a bit of the same gingham ribbon round the edge and added another button.



And here it is in-situ!

You can see some more pics of what we got up to and the creations of our lovely members at the Buns & Roses WI blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP