SU Two-step stamping promo blog hop

Sunday 1 August 2010



Hello!

Today's post is part of the August Promo Blog Hop organised by fellow SU demos from the In Love With Stamping forum. For all of this month Stampin' Up! is giving you 20%off selected two-step stamping sets. You should be familiar with this method from the Greenhouse Garden cards I have shown you recently! The Botanical Blooms (now retired), Trendy Trees and Tiny Tags you will find in my posts also use this technique.

I hope you enjoyed the gorgeous work of Debbi Taylor. You can re-visit her creation here.

Now for my turn ...



For my scrapbook page (8ins x 8ins) I used Greenhouse Garden, which is easily one of my favourite SU sets.
The backing is a piece of Pretty In Pink card and the photo one I found at an antique stall years ago. I have loads of these and I never knew what to do with them so this could be a new project for me.
For the piece down the right side I used the Tea Party designer paper and stamped on one of the flowers in Regal Rose then cut around them. The other cut out flowers were stamped in Regal Rose and Chocolate Chip and stuck on with Dimensionals to raise them up. This is such a gorgreous colour combination. The blank card for journaling was torn around the edge and sponged with the same colour inks. First time I tried this and it's turned out so well. I also added on some pieces of the Stitched Felt. This is only available until the end of September so get in touch quickly if you would like to order some. And the final touch is the Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon in Rose Red. I used the Very Vintage wheel in Basic Black over the top to add another antique element to the page.



Below are the details of the 20% off promo. Please do get in touch if you would like to order any of these or other SU items.



The next stop on the hop is over with Karin at Tea Cup Designs. Enjoy her creations.

As always, your comments are appreciated. I hope you have fun seeing all the lovely things you can create with Stampin' Up! products on our blog hop.

13 comments:

debbi taylor Sunday, 01 August, 2010  

Fab page that picture is great - greenhouse garden works really well with it!

CarolynUK Sunday, 01 August, 2010  

Great layout Gemma - never thought of wheeling the ribbon... off to try it out now!

Dawn Sunday, 01 August, 2010  

Your scrapbook page is beautiful.

Unknown Sunday, 01 August, 2010  

lovely page Gemma. Emma xx

simplyfairies Sunday, 01 August, 2010  

What a lovely layout and that photo is gorgeous!

Unknown Sunday, 01 August, 2010  

What a great page :-) I love what you have done with the ribbon and I adore the flowers edging the DSP

Thanks for sharing

Bx

Sheryl Sunday, 01 August, 2010  

Nice page. Love the wheeled ribbon :)

Alex Sunday, 01 August, 2010  

Lovely scrapbook layout Gemma, love what you've done with Greenhouse Garden stamp set and the wheel on the wide grosgrain ribbon - might have to try that technique! Can't wait to hop along to the next blog now :)

Enjoy your weekend.

Alex x

SarahLP Sunday, 01 August, 2010  

Awesome page, Gemma! I adore the colour scheme and the distressed look you achieved with the spongeing technique on the journaling card. I really love the cut-out flower border on the right hand side too.

Loads of lovely ideas to try here, thanks so much for joining in the blog hop!

Sarah x

Zoe Tant Sunday, 01 August, 2010  

Love this especially the use of the felt flowers in contrast!
Zx

Pat Sunday, 01 August, 2010  

Love the colour combo and what youve done to the ribbon. Pat x

Vicky Hayes Sunday, 01 August, 2010  

What a fab page! Love the lovely old photo with the garden of flowers and I nearly fainted when I saw that ribbon!

humel Tuesday, 03 August, 2010  

This is beautiful - love the colours and composition :-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP