As promised, news from the WI

Friday 17 June 2011

Here goes then with the latest tales from the WI.

As you know I've been getting more and more involved with this wonderful organisation for a few months now and really couldn't wish to be part of a more open, friendly and accepting group of women. And I mean that about Buns & Roses, our West Yorkshire Federation and the National Federation of Women's Institutes.

Remember the early days of Facebook when people would boast about having 100 "friends", hardly any of whom they had ever spoken to, let alone met?! Well, I can safely say that I have 207,000 very good friends in my fellow WI members and although I may not have spoken to or met them either, I know they would be there for me if I needed them and that I would happily return the favour anytime.

This is precisely why I have been getting more involved and am proud to already be the Denman College Rep for West Yorkshire, the Editor of our monthly newsletter (I have my own office and I get to decorate it!) and a member of the Home Economics & Handicrafts Committee.

As of this week, I now also sit on the Executive Committee at West Yorkshire and am so excited to also be President of Buns & Roses WI, as of our meeting last night.

Georgiana felt the time had come for her to step down, and with the approval of the rest of the committee, I have now officially taken on the role.

I don't expect it to be easy, but I know it will be fun and I'm looking forward to it.

Buns & Roses have had another bit of excitement this week as well - we are featured in the current issue of Woman magazine! Please do go out and get a copy (or at least flip through it in the shop - you'll see us on page 19!).

That's all the WI gossip for now! I am sure there will be more very soon and I will return over the weekend with crafty pics!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP