A very special day

Sunday 11 September 2011

Yesterday my dad got married at Runcorn Town Hall.

I managed to make them a card before I came back down, using some of the retiring DSP - Play Date, punches and my Big Shot.



I love the Cherry Cobbler red so that was my card blank and the big hearts, with the little ones also in the heart printed paper. I ran the Very Vanilla matting through the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and finished off with some Pearls on the little hearts.



We had a wonderful day. Jacki looked beautiful and they were so happy.

I had to do two readings at the ceremony, which I think went well (the registrar offered me a job so I could have a new career in public speaking!).


We had drinks at the pub then went for a curry. Then more drinks. I bought us some nice bubbly (Moet 1998 I think it was!) and there were plenty of stories and sillyness.





This is the beautiful rose bracelet the florist made for me.



And here's dad and Jacki cutting the cake.

Now the fun is over and I'm heading back to Leeds for a week of WI and work.

3 comments:

Valerie Sunday, 11 September, 2011  

A wedding, how lovely. The bride is very pretty and you looked wonderful in your dress. I have never seen a flower bracelet before. I like it. Best wishes to your dad and his bride.

Allie Jolliffe Sunday, 11 September, 2011  

You looked so lovely Gem, and your Dad's new wife looked so pretty..what a special occasion :)

Donna Heber Wednesday, 21 September, 2011  

Hi Gemma,

Congrats to your Dad! Your card in Cherry Cobbler looks wonderful. Everyone looks great.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP