Quilting as performance art

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Oops, I seem to have gotten a bit lax with my blogging again. And I was doing so well! Life must be getting in the way!

As usual, lots going on, but my quilt is coming along nicely.



I have now completed three and a half rows and still have plenty of hexagons ready to be stitched on.



It is 18 hexagons wide at the top, so every other row is 17 wide.



I've not yet figured out how many rows there will be in total, but at at a guess of 18 I would need 315 hexagons.

There are two reasons I have made such excellent progress recently.

Firstly, I spent the whole of Sunday in bed with Helen working on it while watching Warehouse 13.

Secondly, this:



Hayley and I used it in a spot of performance art while having a drink in the pub the other week. She tells the story better on her blog: Hayley Mills-Styles.

Tomorrow I'm off to the Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate to help on the West Yorkshire Federation of Women's Institutes stand (it's E9 - come and say hello if you are at the show anytime!).

I'm back there on Sunday with my mum, so next week I should have more regular updates. For a while at least!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP