Hi! My name is ...

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Gemma!

At Embroiderers' Guild we are all encouraged to make a name badge so we have a better chance at remembering names! It's really great for me - I meet so many new people at WI alone I can't really cope with trying to remember any more!

Here is my badge ...



I stamped my name on to paper and traced it on to the plain calico, then satin stitched over it in black cotton.

The tiny hexagons are paper-pieced. Very fiddly and not too symmetrical, but very cute.



I'll be wearing this to WI as well - we've started giving out sticky labels there to help everyone get to know each other.

1 comments:

Rachel at Stitched in Color Friday, 10 February, 2012  

What a pretty name badge! I had to make one in the fall and found it tricky to make something small, but expressive. You did a great job.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP