Kindle cover

Friday 27 January 2012

I challenged myself to make something new last week - a Kindle pouch.

It's just a bigger take on the phone pouch I made myself a while back, but needed to have a flap and some sort of fastening so the Kindle doesn't fall out.

Also, it was for a male friend, so I couldn't just go for my usual flowery fabrics.

And here it is!



Luckily I had some of this funky boy fabric with cars and bikes and boats and planes, which is great for a small feature panel. It also matched in with the chequered fabric and I went with the traditional blue and red fabrics for the main construction.



This is the back, with two panels. I pinked them round the edges and stitched on with a zig-zag stitch. There is a layer of batting and the lining is a plain calico.



A Formula 1 car on the front and the flap has a press-stud for easy opening (and also because I had no velcro).

I used measurements from a tutorial online and it actually came out a little long for the Kindle, but it does the job.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP