A new patchwork project

Friday 13 January 2012

Keeping up the tradition of doing a million things at once I have started work on a patchwork bag.

My mum bought the kit for me as a Christmas present at the Knitting & Stitching Show and I was itching to get started as soon as I got back to Leeds and had my sewing machine set up.

Good job I bought a rotary cutter and ruler as there was a lot of cutting and I had to be quite precise!

This is the front all pieced together ...





And here is the back ...





I'm quite pleased so far, despite it being a little wonky. It was quite tricky to put together but there were no major incidents and I still have all my digits attached even after extensive use of the rotary cutter!

Next up I have to start quilting it and making the flap, which involves some machine applique.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP