A weekend in Harrogate

Monday 6 December 2010

Well, finally time for a show and tell on my weekend in Harrogate with mum.
We met up on the train on Saturday morning and bumped into two of my lovely WI friends, Natalie and Sam, then headed off for some shopping. We got lots of great bargains. Mum bought me some pyjamas, which I just love, and we got some nice bits from a church fair we stumbled across.
After walking around for a few hours in the snow we were ready for a rest and I had booked us in for afternoon tea at the Imperial Suite at Bettys.


It was really lovely. The room is stunning and there was a pianist and the staff were lovely. We had some sandwiches, scones, cakes and lots of tea! Just what we needed after all that shopping!
We checked into the hotel (I had a nap) then headed out for a meal at Orchid restaurant and some drinks at Revolution and Rehab. Here we are with all the shots and cocktails!


We had a really good sleep that night! Sunday morning we were off to the Knitting and Stitching Show for a bit of shopping and some workshops. I'd already been on Friday to help on the WI stand and learn new things.
Here are the creations and purchases ...

A little gift bag I made on canvas using random stitches.

Fabric I bought to finish off mum's Christmas present.


Button dolly!

Buttons to decorate an apron I made, which needs finishing off so pics another time!

A little beadwork Christmas tree.

A fabric panel using Angelica fibres.

A piece of Japanese folded patchwork. I'm in the process of making more of these to create a bag.

Some Oriental fabrics.

Kits for Oriental bags and brooches.

It was a very wonderful weekend but rather tiring! We'll be back next year!

6 comments:

SarahPitts Monday, 06 December, 2010  

Looks like you had a fab weekend! You and your Mum look so alike!
I love the button doll.

Sarah x

Vicky Hayes Monday, 06 December, 2010  

Sounds great fun Gem - but totally exhausting! You'll need to sleep for a week after that! Enjoy those purchases...

Donna Heber Tuesday, 07 December, 2010  

Hi Gemma,

Glad you had a wonderful time with your Mom and enjoyed some nice tea!

See me. Hear me. Wednesday, 08 December, 2010  

This is kind of random, but what are the stars on your arm representing to you?



http://ificouldyouwould.blogspot.com/

Gemma Wednesday, 08 December, 2010  

Nothing in particular, I just like stars.
Thanks for visiting!
Gem
x

KatGotTheCream Monday, 03 January, 2011  

Glad you had such a lovely time in Harrogate with your mum and managed to squeeze in some treats at Betty's! Next time we should definitely meet up.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP