Last Christmas cards

Friday 17 December 2010




Well I have made my final Christmas cards of the year! These are two commissions I had from my friends.
Fay wanted something classy and elegant for her parents, so I used the lovely Contempo Christmas and added some glamour with the amazing Jewels and Pearls. The colour combo is Marina Mist and Crumb Cake, which is a bit of a different Christmas look - cool and snowy I think!
The tree card is for the niece of my friend Jo from WI. She wanted something very tactile, so I cut a felt tree and stuck on loads of bits! The star at the top is covered in glitter and the baubles are Designer Buttons and DSP stacks, punched out and given a coating of Crystal Effects. This gives a clear laquer tomake them shiny, just like baubles! And the trunk is a piece of card wrapped in Linen Thread and the tinsel is some random fluffy ribbon from my sewing stash.
Phew! I have just two presents to finish making and then I'm all done!

2 comments:

Vicky Hayes Monday, 20 December, 2010  

You are so clever! The Contempo Christmas card is elegant with those fab colours but I really want to touch the first card - especially the trunk of the tree. Gorgeous!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP