All that glistens ...

Monday 3 January 2011



I love glitter, and have no problem being covered in it when I open up a card with sparkly bits, but sometimes I do wish it wouldn't always fall off as it takes away the effect.
So, to overcome this problem I put an idea to the test. I covered a little heart-shaped piece of card in the yummy Stampin' Up! Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. I just covered the card in Tombow glue and shook on loads of glitter. Then, not quite waiting for it to dry because I'm too impatient, I applied Crystal Effects over the top and added an extra sprinkling of glitter. Crystal Effects creates a clear laquer so it sealsthe glitter in, leaving the sparkle but avoiding rub-off!
It's hard to get a good picture, but it looks really cute. The glitter still looks fab but you can touch the heart because it's all sealed like it has a layer of resin over it. Needless to say this tecnhique will feature on my cards more in future!

2 comments:

Loraine Arderne Monday, 03 January, 2011  

That's really pretty, as a lover of glitter myself I might have to CASE this idea.

Donna Heber Tuesday, 04 January, 2011  

Gemma,

Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP