Faux tiling using Crystal Effects

Monday 17 January 2011

Apologies for not blogging for a few days - been busy!

On Saturday we hosted a WI Mixer Winter Warmer Tea Party for the new groups around Yorkshire. It was a huge success and lots of fun, but quite tiring! I ate lots of cake and drank lots of tea!

Yesterday was spent recovering and doing very litle and now I am pleased to say I have lots of work to look forward to this week.

So a quick blog update first!



This card I created with one of my new-found loves - Stampin' Up! Crystal Effects. Remember how I covered a little heart with it and threw loads of glitter on? Well this time I have just used it to create a smooth, clear gloss finish.

I got the idea from the blog of the amazingly talented Michele Kovack. You can see her design, complete with tutorial, here.

I started by stamping the beautiful Bella Toile image and colouring it in using Stampin' Write Markers. The colours are So Saffron, Wild Wasabi and Pretty In Pink. I then chopped the image up into 1" squares and covered each one in an even layer of Crystal Effects.

I left them to dry overnight and by morning they looked like little tiles!
They were then mounted on to card, to give the effect of grout, and the card was finished off with some Paper Daisies coloured in with the markers and beautiful Pearls.



It was quite a time and labour-intensive card, but well worth the effort!

3 comments:

Donna Heber Monday, 17 January, 2011  

Stunning card Gemma! I have always wanted to try the tile technique, but have to find the time!

Michele Kovack Monday, 17 January, 2011  

This turned out gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing!

Vicky Hayes Wednesday, 19 January, 2011  

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I really NEED Bella Toile but I'm making myself wait until I've saved enough pennies to make a £45 order and earn a free Sale-a-bration stamp set!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP