ILWS Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop

Sunday 23 January 2011

Hello and welcome to my turn in the In Love With Stamping Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop!
There are four rounds altogether; I am part of number two so you may have arrived from the lovely Krafty Biker page. Links to the next blog in this loop and the start of each round are at the end of my post so do take time to look at the many wonderful creations using this year's Sale-A-Bration stamp sets from Stampin' Up!

Don't forget, these sets can only be earned until the end of February and then they are gone! You get them FREE by spending £45 or hosting a workshop with product sales of £300 or more. Just get in touch to place your order or arrange your home party.

I have two cards to share, both using the beautiful Bliss set in different ways.

On the first I have gone for the faux tile look, which I posted about a few days ago.



It is quite sraightforward but involves a bit of time and patience!



First, I created the whole tile image by stamping the beautiful motif in Crumb Cake and Basic Gray on to Very Vanilla cardstock. I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line them up correctly.



Then I cut this up into squares, distressed the edges a bit with the Cutter Kit and covered each one with Crysal Effects. This dries to a clear laquer, making them look like ceramic tiles. I left them overnight to be absolutely sure I wouldn't smudge them!



Then I stuck on to Crumb Cake cardstock to act as the grout and finished off with some Twill Tape, stamped with the bird image from the set, and a Neutrals Button tied on with Linen Thread.



And now for the second card. This was inspired by my SU grandma Monica and I used my favourite colour - purple!



I adore this card so expect to see some variations in future!

I started by attaching a piece of Rich Razzleberry Striped Grosgrain Ribbon and a piece of the stunning Lap of Luxury DSP to the card blank.

Then I cut four squares of Crumb Cake cardstock and randomly stamped the motif in Crumb Cake and Basic Gray. The squares were then sanded at the edges, crumpled and inked up using the amazing Distressing Kit, which I am loving as vintage is soooo my thing at the moment! On one square I also stamped the Bliss and bird images in Rich Razzleberry.



The flowers and butterfly from the set were stamped in Rich Razzleberry on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut out, which was nowhere near as fiddly as it sounds! I stuck them on with Dimensionals for added effect.



As you can see I used lots of pearls all over as they are just soooooo pretty!



So there you go, two very different cards using the same FREE stamp set.

The next stop on round two of the blog hop is at Rachel's page, so go see what she has come up with!

And here are the starting points of each:
Round one: Sara
Round two: Theresa
Round three: Keren
Round four: Kirsteen

17 comments:

Anonymous,  Sunday, 23 January, 2011  

Great projects! Really love the tile card- the crystal effects really makes them look amazing! X

Alison xx Sunday, 23 January, 2011  

I love this faux tile effect, I hope you don't mind if I case this at some point.

Emma Harrison Sunday, 23 January, 2011  

Absolutely stunning cards! I love the tile effect and will definately have to give that one a go. Gorgeous.

Margaret Sunday, 23 January, 2011  

These are gorgeous Gemma! x

Simple homemade living Sunday, 23 January, 2011  

Gem I love your cards. The faux tile effect is just wonderful and the other card is so elegant and stunning x

Sara Sunday, 23 January, 2011  

Two gorgeous cards but the tile was is definitely my favourite. I'm in a Crystal Effects phase at the moment so this really fits.

Sara xx

Evelyn C Sunday, 23 January, 2011  

Beautiful projects Gem - love the tiled effect

Brenda Sunday, 23 January, 2011  

Great cards. Love the mosaic look. TFS

simplyfairies Sunday, 23 January, 2011  

Beautifulness in abundance here!

creations by jackie Sunday, 23 January, 2011  

Gorgeous cards hard to pick just one, but I love the faux tile one best. May have to case that one or maybe both. I need to get this stamp set for myself. Thanks for sharing.

Jan Jones Sunday, 23 January, 2011  

Gorgeous projects. My favourite is the tile card - will have to try that. Jan x

Donna Heber Monday, 24 January, 2011  

Gemma,

I love your tiled card! Gorgeous!!! I need to take the time to try this technique.

kirsteen Monday, 24 January, 2011  

Lovely Tile Card! TFS!
K

SarahLP Monday, 24 January, 2011  

Both are fabulous cards! Love this stamp set and you've really shown its versatility here.

Unknown Tuesday, 25 January, 2011  

Great cards... love the technique and would love to give it a go if the cats didn't race around the whole house so much... lol

Cate Wednesday, 26 January, 2011  

Fab cards and the technique looks great!

Cate Wednesday, 26 January, 2011  

Fab cards and the technique looks great!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP