A Newsprint meander book

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Yesterday before my SAB workshop I sat down for an awesome craft session and decided to make a meander book. I saw the idea at the blog of a fellow SU demo Peg Coombes. She made this and it was so lovely I had to give it a go.
Luckily the actual pocket pages are really easy to do with a piece of DSP, then it was the decorating and filling that took the most time!
Here is my effort, using my favourite Newsprint DSP and my newest stamp set Notably Ornate.

This is the front, and no surprise I have also used the Twill Tape stamped with the Music Notes Wheel and the beautiful Striped Grosgrain Ribbon.
Controversially, the back is decorated in portrait orientation.

I have used the pearls all over as they are just too damn pretty.

This is how it looks inside. The DSP is folded to create five little pockets.

And these are the tags. I have done it as a kind of life book for 2011, with words to inspire and motivate me. I have space for one more though so suggestions on a postcard please!
If you would like to have a go at making one go here and ask Peg nicely! Thanks again to her for making the tutorial!

3 comments:

Evelyn C Tuesday, 11 January, 2011  

Fab book Gem - how about your last tag being Accomplished and you can list everything you have managed to do throughout the year xx

Pegcraftalot.blogspot.com Tuesday, 11 January, 2011  

Love it Gem and thanks for the link back to my blog x

Vicky Hayes Wednesday, 12 January, 2011  

This is beautiful Gem - it looks fab in this DP.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP