Beau Chateau raggy bag

Sunday 30 October 2011

You know when you make something that you just absolutely love and are so proud of? This is it!

I've seen loads of these raggy bags in blogland, made using the Stampin' Up! fabric and the Scallop Square die on the Big Shot so I just had to give it a go.

It takes 19 squares of the fabric for the outside, and 19 in a plain fabric for the lining. Also, 19 squares of batting to give it a bit of extra weight.



Each square is quilted on its own, then lined up in rows to make the basic bag template.



Then simply pull it all together and stitch up the sides.



Add handles ...



And a fastening loop. I stitched a press stud on for easy opening and closing and a decorative button.

I just love my new bag! I'm using it to carry around my craft stuff (it's full of quilted hexagons at the moment).

I feel more quilting and bags coming on - the Big Shot really does make sewing projects so quick and easy.

2 comments:

Julie Sunday, 30 October, 2011  

Gemma, this is amazing - you are so clever!
Julie x

Alex Spence Sunday, 30 October, 2011  

I love the bag! I can't wait to get my hands on some of the fabric and try out some projects.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP