Stampin' Up! training with Julie's Jems - Fabric Christmas tree

Sunday 16 October 2011

Yesterday it was my SU mummy's all-day training session, so I spent a fantastic few hours getting my craft on with some great friends.

Julie had asked me to do a section using the new Stampin' Up! fabric so I got to share my love of sewing and show some projects that I have been making recently.

The one that got the most "oooohs" and "ahhhs" was this fabric Christmas tree made using a Japanese folded patchwork technique.



I was shown how to make this by some of my good friends at the WI, and I knew the Deck The Halls fabric would be just perfect.



It's nowhere near as complex to make as it looks - it boils down to ten fabric triangles folded like origami then stitched together.



Finish with some buttons, a pot and a loop of ribbon and it's ready to hang on the wall!



By popular demand, I will be putting together a tutorial on how to make this in the next few days, so watch this space!

Finally, here is the yummy cupcake I had after our lunch!

1 comments:

Valerie Monday, 17 October, 2011  

I really like the Christmas tree... and the cup cake.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP