Cake please!

Sunday 9 October 2011

Nom nom nom. Cake is gooood. Although being a member of the WI hasn't improved my baking skills, I do get more chances to practice my eating skills!

On Saturday, Buns & Roses WI were at the Morley Literature Festival. We were asked to provide cakes and serve tea and bring some of our wares to sell.

Being the master baker, Hayley was charged with creating 70 cupcakes, but she had to use my kitchen as hers is non-existant at the moment!

I also helped by choosing the sprinkles. And licking the bowls.

There were four creations - a chocolate brownie and vanilla cakes with different icings - chocolate, orange and vanilla.

I did the dipping into sprinkles as well. Then I ate the leftovers.

Actually, I did my fair share overall! I made the labels too.









I knew this stamp set would be perfect for something, which is why I've kept it despite the fact it retired at the beginning of this month. It is called On A Pedestal.

I'm still mostly busy with fabric at the moment, but I also have a cold so feeling a bit sorry for myself.

2 comments:

Vicky Hayes Monday, 10 October, 2011  

You sound very helpful in the kitchen Gem! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon and can't wait to see your fabric makes! Vx

Valerie Tuesday, 11 October, 2011  

The cakes look scrumptious. Could we borrow your cake lady sometime?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP