Newsprint bookmarks

Tuesday 9 November 2010



Now Convention is over I can show you some of the swaps and gifts I made for people. Well, I have actually posted a couple already without saying cos I loved them too much!
I made these bookmarks for an organised 3D swap, and also did one for mummy Julie, my roomie Joy and the lovely Vicky Hayes, whose blog never fails to inspire me. And I sent one to my mum as well!
They were really easy but fun to make as there are several elements but nothing too complicated. The base is a piece of textured River Rock card and Newsprint DSP on a mat of Basic Black Card. The bottom was shaped with the Eyelet Border Punch. At the top, I had wheeled the Music Notes on to a piece of Twill Tape and threaded it through a punched hole several times. Then, stamped the recipient's initial using Broadsheet Alphabet, cut out and layered on. I added a bit of 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon and a Neutrals Button with Linen Thread.
I kept one for myself so now I just have to find time to read!

4 comments:

Vicky Hayes Tuesday, 09 November, 2010  

You are a treasure! These bookmarks are absolutely gorgeous and I'm already using mine. Loved meeting you at convention - although I was slightly disappointed you hadn't got Bodd tucked into your convention bag! Vicky x

Gemma Tuesday, 09 November, 2010  

Glad you like it. Was lovely to get to meet you and say thanks properly for being so awesome!
I'm not quite crazy enough to take Bodd places, but I'm working up to it! He would have been in his element! There was a black cat called Charlie at the venue, the chef was telling us he often joins in with the events going on!

SarahPitts Tuesday, 09 November, 2010  

Fab bookmarks Gemma! Sarah x

Donna Heber Wednesday, 10 November, 2010  

Gemma,

Love those great bookmarks. The eyelet border is so pretty.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP