What a weekend!

Tuesday 9 November 2010

Wow. I have had the most amazing few days at the Stampin' Up! European Convention.

So, here's the story, pics will follow ...

Thursday we travelled down to Croydon. Kate drove me, mummy Julie, Jill and Lynda in the bus. Thursday evening we went to Pizza Hut for tea and then partied at the Hilton as Monica had organised a big pre-Convention session for us. We did some projects, swapped and talked a lot. I also got to meet my roomie - a lovely demo from Northern Ireland called Joy. We were staying at the Croydon Park hotel so after the party a French demo called Alison drove us over there.
Friday was a very early start - on the coach before 8am to get to Addington Palace. It is a fantastic venue - very grand with lots of beautiful decor. On arriving we were greeted by Shelli Gardner, the co-founder of Stampin' Up!, and collected our bags, which contained our two free stamp sets and other goodies. We also shopped at Memento Mall and I picked up a great craft tote for all my bits and bobs as well as some cute shopping bags. After lunch we enjoyed some demonstrations and talks then in the evening we had the big awards dinner. I got dressed up and wore one of the fascinators I made and we had lots of giggles.
Saturday started with some Make and Takes and we made some fab projects (although I have yet to finish all of mine cos we were too busy talking!). Then more demos and some brilliant talks and presentations from SU demos and staff.
Finally, we found out where Convention will be held next year ..... Disneyland Paris! I soooooo can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP