A day in Leeds as a home tourist

Sunday 13 February 2011

Inspired by Twitter to spend some time as a home tourist in Leeds, I have been out today with my eyes open a little wider than usual. I was heading to town anyway and decided to use it as an excuse to shop and chill out.

I started off at the Town Hall for the vintage fair, which was fantastic. There were lots of beautiful things and shiny trinkets. I purchased a funky top and also some gorgeous old photo postcards and a magazine page, which took my eye straightaway.



Then I spotted a little Oriental box, for a bargain price.



I opened it up to find four dead dolls! Sooo awesome. I will be making them some new clothes. One has her name written on the back - Jodie.



After shopping I headed to the Tiled Hall Cafe for the Buns & Roses book club meeting. We had read The Dice Man by Luke Rhinehart. I scoffed a yummy beef sandwich while we discussed the book.

Then I had a wander round the art gallery and purchased two bargain exhibition catalogies.



Finally, I decided to call in at Harvey Nichols for a coffee and listen to my housemate Tessa Smith singing.

Back to reality now though and must get some work done this evening!

1 comments:

Vicky Hayes Tuesday, 15 February, 2011  

It makes me want to go and play in Leeds. But imagine finding dead dolls in a tin!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP