My many names

Friday 18 February 2011

I had a brilliant time at our Buns & Roses WI meeting last night. My good friend Helen led the way, with the help of member Liz and a lovely lady called Sarah who is deaf.

They told us what it was like to be deaf and how we can all communicate with those who cannot hear. We learnt the alphabet, numbers, colours, some fun words and two songs!

It was a real eye-opener and very touching to get to know Sarah and commiunicate with her in a way that suits HER, not us.

We all came up with a sign that would reperesnt our name too. Mine looks a bit like doing needlework!

And here is a scrapbook page with another name for me - Curly Sue!



Tonight I'm off to my joint birthday party with Tessa, Helen, Ellie, Georgie and Brendan. Best start getting ready!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP