Songbird

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Anyone who knows me at all will know that I am a massive fan of Fleetwood Mac. If you don't know that you've obviously never spoken to me for more than a minute.

So last night I made two projects using Songbird as my inspiration. It's one of my favourite songs by them and should a miracle happen and I get married it will be my first dance.

I have used the Notably Ornate stamp set, which has a beautiful bird and an amazing vintage frame (as well as two others!).



Project one is a pendant. I stamped the image on to Very Vanilla card and stuck it to the clear charm with Crystal Effects. The little round tag is a piece of the Newsprint DSP and I decorated the chain with some buttons and my favourite ribbon.



And here's project two - a card. I used Versamark to stamp the frame, which creates a tone-on-tone effect.



The bird was embossed on to Newsprint DSP and inked up with the brayer. I added some Grungeboard, also inked up. I'm not convinced the little frame works quite right - my handwriting could be better! I would really love a typewriter, that would be perfect for this type of thing. Would anyone like to buy me one?!

2 comments:

Vicky Hayes Wednesday, 23 March, 2011  

I nearly fell over when I saw these projects Gem! Utterly, utterly perfect! Your writing is just right in the little frame - I wouldn't change a thing. By the way, I love Songbird too ( and have been trying to learn to play it on the piano for the last three years or so!) but I don't actually remember you mentioning it to me when I met you, even though it was slightly longer than a minute!

Gemma Wednesday, 23 March, 2011  

You musn't have seen me dancing when a Fleetwood Mac song came on at Convention!
Gem
x

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP