Charity shop goodies

Monday 9 May 2011

I've been trawling the charity shops in search of some bargains recently and have found some lovely things, so today I'm going to share my new treasures.

On Saturday Hayley and I went up to Otley as I'd been hearing all about the many charity shops and an awesome antique place. Took ages on the bus but it was a lovely day out, despite the rain. We stopped for cake and tea as well. Nom.

Anyway, here are my purchases.



We found this little wooden table and letter rack to use as displays for our craft fairs. Just £3 each!



No idea why I bought these two, but they amused me. The wording on the leather pouch reads: "My lady's friend for use at either end". Ooer missus! This caused me much amusement. I am guessing it is intended to hold a nail file. The soap bar doesn't really smell that great, but the packaging is cute. Just 50p each for these!



This is my favourite purchase - a miniature Oriental screen. It seems to be painted on to silk. One side has these lovely landscapes ...



And the other has birds and flowers. Simply beautiful. No idea where it will live but being a big fan of Japanese style I had to have it for just £6.50.



The book on the left I actually picked up at a charity shop in Frodsham last week. The other was one of today's purchases. Both should help me with the WI Embroidery Certificate I am about to start studying for. £1.99 and 99p respectively.



And finally, something completely different - a bright and funky top. Just 49p for a new look! It has a racer style back and is a baggy fit.

I am well and truly hooked on chairty shops at the moment. Will give the ones in Armley a visit this week!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  Tuesday, 10 May, 2011  

Great buys. I think that the leather pouch is to hold a packet of tissues ?// Lovely blog. xx Doreen

Bump to Baby: A Diary & corsets, crafts and cupcakes Wednesday, 11 May, 2011  

gorgeous buys gem! i adore the letter wrack and oriental screen - if you get fed up of them, chuck 'em my way ;)

do check out the ones in armley - lasrt time i saw you i ended up getting 6!!! dresses from the charity shops there :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP