Beautiful Wings Embosslit card for my grandma

Saturday 7 May 2011

Before I went home I needed to make a card for my grandma's 80th birthday. She likes pretty things with roses and butterflies and is always in her garden (her strawberries are to die for!) so I went with lots of pink and made the most of the Big Shot and accessories.



Here is what I came up with. I made a blue one to go in my craft fair box as well.

I made the most of the beautiful Springtime Vintage DSP, using a bit for the background and then another cut with the Top Note die on my Big Shot. I trimmed this one down along the perforations and cut another in plain cardstock for the frame.



The butterflies were cut with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit, which I simply adore. I also added some decoration using the Swirls Scribbles die. A few Pearls finished off the butterfly.



The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations, which works just perfectly.

My grandma loved it! I also gave her some yummy smellies made by my friend Sam over at Corsets, Crafts and Cupcakes.

Tomorrow I'll have some Christening pieces to share, with stitching as well as card making, so please come back!

3 comments:

Chris Saturday, 07 May, 2011  

Love the card - bet your Grandma will too!
Chris xx

karyn Saturday, 07 May, 2011  

gorgeous cards, i love them and really must buy those butterflies!!

Donna Heber Monday, 16 May, 2011  

Gemma,

Gorgeous! I love those butterflies and designer paper. So pretty my friend.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP