Vintage scrapbooking

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Whenever I go to antique fairs I always hunt out old photos. I just love the colours, the outfits and, best of all, some of the poses and situations.

It kills me that such precious memories can be thrown away so easily, so by buying a few I hope to save these people, whoever they are, and help them live on a bit longer.

But until I started scrapbooking I never really knew what to do with them. I've only done two pages so far (one was about a year ago now and the one I'm sharing today was finished a couple of weeks ago!) but at least I have a plan and so these people won't be stuck in a shoebox forever!



This photo appealed to me because the lady is so pretty, and also the because of the story. The writing on the photo tells us that she was Tina, and died in Rochester on the 6th of July 1923.

I used the Springtime Vintage DSP to make my 8x8ins page look like a wall. The border is Taffeta Ribbon and Seam Binding Ribbon. I distressed the edges a little to give it that worn look.



I made a frame for Tina's picture using the Decorative Label Punch. I had to position the shapes all around, then I sponged on some Champagne Shimmer Paint and then to neaten the line between photo and frame, I stuck down some Sticky Strip and covered it in Champagne Glass Glitter.



I also used the Decorative Label Punch to make a plain picture frame for some journaling, if I can ever think of anything to say about Tina.

I feel much better now that she has a proper place. Now to do some more vintage photo scrapbooking!

Busy week this one. Last night I went to see the ladies at Wilsden WI to help give a talk about Denman College. It was good fun and we sang Jerusalem!

I also have two other WI meetings this week - Buns & Roses and a new group at Asda - my SU daughter Alex is coming round for chat tonight, tomorrow I have a networking event to go to ... It's all happening!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP