Ahoy there!

Sunday 1 May 2011

I'm all at sea with today's card. Ho!

My friend Fay asked me to make a card with a boat for a friend of hers who loves sailing and luckily, the Stampin' Up! Mini Catalogue 2011 has a fab new stamp called Sail Away.

I saw this design on the SplitCoastStampers site and just loved it, although it turned out to be quite time consuming because of all the different elements.



The edges of the sails were coloured in using Blender Pens and the three stripes of cardstock were run through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder.



These were matted on to Whisper White and Crumb Cake cardstock then I tied some of the Real Ride Striped Grosgrain Ribbon around and ruched it using some Linen Thread.



All this also made the front of the card quite heavy, so I added a piece of Whisper White to the inside to balance it a bit and added a little stripe in opposite corners to complete the nautical theme.

Fay loves it and rekons her friend will too, so the hard work does pay off!

I have just passed one year of blogging, so to celebrate I have some surprise blog candy up for grabs. Please check out Friday's blog candy post and leave a comment to enter! You have until midday on May 6th.

I'm back at home for a few days at the moment and although I'm still battling with some sort of illness (the cold has now developed into a poorly tummy) I am managing to get in some quality time with the family, including Bodd! Pics coming tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jane Sunday, 01 May, 2011  

Gemma this is great - love the dotty background xx

Vicky Hayes Monday, 02 May, 2011  

Well I slapped my thighs over all your nautical puns! I love this card - especially the out-of-the-frame boat and the Polka Dots embossed background. So sorry to hear you're not well - but I have faith that Bodd will have you up on your pins in no time!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP