Tales from The WI

Saturday 21 May 2011

Today I'm catching up on all the WI happenings from the last week or so, and there have been a lot!

Firstly, up at the West Yorkshire Federation of Women's Institutes I'm on the Home Economics and Handicrafts Committee. We sort all the crafty goodness out. The latest news is that I'll be running a card and gift bag workshop there next year and also that we're doing the WI stand at the Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate again. I'll be manning the stand at some point and hopefully teaching a workshop too. Exciting!

The next piece of gossip is that I'm now the Denman Rep for West Yorkshire! You know I loved my week there doing Elizabethan goldwork, so it just seemed like a good plan! I'll be helping spread the word about Denman to WIs around the county and will hopefully be able to get back down there very soon.

And finally, and most excitingly, I have been asked by the National Federation of Women's Institutes to attend the AGM in Liverpool next month! They needed a few members to act as reps for members of the press to speak to about what the WI is really like and what we get up to. I'm mega looking forward to it - 5,000 people attend and we have speakers, including Sir Steve Redgrave, and sing Jerusalem of course! Because I'll be with the press office it should be a good way to get a bit of a behind the scenes look at the WI as well!

There are other bits of WI-based fun, but they won't mean much to most people so let's just say that being a member is keeping me very busy and creative!

Finally, a pic of myself and the Buns & Roses committee at our meeting this week.

4 comments:

Bump to Baby: A Diary & corsets, crafts and cupcakes Saturday, 21 May, 2011  

congrats gem!!!

gutted to have missed the last meeting, but was swotting for exam :(

never mind, we shall have to meet up for a cheeky drink and you can fill me in :)

veronica Sunday, 22 May, 2011  

from one HomeEc member to another, congratulations, you will love the Denman rep job - my friend did it for several years and had a wonderful time; she still goes back at every chance to do more patchwork.
hope you enjoy the AGM, I went to Cardiff last year, but not as nayhting so exalted!

Donna Heber Sunday, 22 May, 2011  

Gemma,

Congrats! Lots of things going on.

Crystal Monday, 23 May, 2011  

Thanks for visiting my blog today! I love SU stamps, papers and projects! I'll be back to see more of your creations.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP