A day of stitching

Sunday 29 May 2011

Yesterday was dedicated to stitching, and very good it was too.

In the morning I got a bit more of my goldwork done from Denman College. It's very nearly finished! Hoping to get the last bits done while I watch the F1 today.

The main event was a trip to the Embroiderers Guild meeting in Headingley. Hayley came with me and we spent a lovely couple of hours chatting to the ladies and making a raggy brooch.

These are quite simple to do, but it does take a little more thought than Hayley and I put in. As a result, ours ended up rather more flat then they should have been. Still, they looked good anyway.







They're just made from strips of fabric, folded up and stitched on to a circle of felt. I added some little rose buds from wrapped strips to the middle of mine, which then made it flatter, but prettier!

In the evening I practiced some canvaswork stitches.



I love the texture this simple technique creates. I used Madeira Lana wool on some evenweave. It's not actually that color - white thread on camel fabric in real life!

To finish off the evening I ordered some hardanger supplies, so expect pics of yet another type of embroidery soon!

1 comments:

Donna Heber Monday, 30 May, 2011  

Wow! Beautiful stitching Gemma.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP