Wednesday fun

Thursday 26 May 2011

I had a very busy day Wednesday with lots of WI things - my favourite kind of things.

I spent most of it at the West Yorkshire Federation office sorting out things for my role as Denman College rep and also learning about running our monthly newsletter. I'll be getting involved in that too; I'm a woman of many talents. And not enough hours!

It's always fun being at the office with some of the other members and having a good gossip!



Here's me and Hayley being daft!

The evening was spent with Hayley and Helen as usual.



Here's Helen knitting me a hat!

I spent my time doing some tiny blackwork pieces as practice pieces towards my NFWI Embroidery Certificate.





I'm testing out different fabris and threads and getting used to how the patterns work - it makes my eyes go funny after a while!

Finally I helped Hayley set up her blog to showcase her artwork. It's still new but do head over and become a follower and you'll get to see some of her wonderful artwork in the coming weeks. Hayley's blog.

2 comments:

Vicky Hayes Thursday, 26 May, 2011  

You are indeed a woman of many talents Gem! I love your blackwork pieces - they'd look fab framed as a set of 15 or so. Love the pic of Helen knitting a scarf for you sideways! Vx

Gemma Thursday, 26 May, 2011  

Oopsies! Changed it now. Also, she's knitting me a hat, not a scarf. I must be losing the plot!
Gem
x

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP