Surprise blog candy reveal

Friday 27 May 2011

Time for my Birthday Surprise Blog Candy reveal! I know the lucky winner Veronica has received the goodies now, so I can safely share some pics!

First up is a pouch made with a mobile phone or MP3 player in mind. Fortunately, it fits Veronica's new phone just right! I made this at our Buns & Roses meeting last week using some new fabric that we got from Leeds Kirkgate Market. I just love it!



The back is plain felt and I added the little bit from the edge of the fabric where they check the printing lines up and the colours are right (there is a technical name for it but I forgot!)



Next up a Suffolk puff brooch. Veronica told me she likes autumn colours and this fabric with the leaves was just right!



I used a Stampin' Up! button and ribbon here too. These are so quick and easy to make. Well, unless you keep snapping your thread!

The third item was a cross stitch bookmark. Veronica likes to read crime novels, so I though this would save her hunting around for clues on where she's up to!



The charts were from a magazine and I just put them together on an aida band and added the wording. I made the tassle from gold thread and finished the back off with a piece of felt (handmade by Hayley).



Here's Sherlock Holmes peeking through the keyhole!

Finally, a meander book using the Springtime Vintage DSP.



I went with the lovely blue flower piece and decorated the front using Striped Grosgrain Ribbon and some other random bits in a similar green, and the Fun Flowers and Timesless Type Alphabet dies on my Big Shot.



The little pockets inside each have a tag in for a few words of wisdom.

I loved making all these and I'm glad Veronica enjoyed receiving them! I might even do another blog candy in the future!

1 comments:

Donna Heber Monday, 30 May, 2011  

Congrats to Veronica! Wonderful goodies Gemma.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP