Christening items

Sunday 8 May 2011

A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by a lady called Sharon, who had been given my details by my step-mum Jackie.

She was in need of some Christening items - customising two blankets and four personalised cards for the Godparents.

Of course I was happy to put my skills to good use and here is what I came up with.



These are the four cards - the babies are twins called Amy and Tom and they each have two sets of Godparents.



Here's a close-up of one. The embossing was done with my Big Shot using a folder I had found at a craft shop in Whitby. I printed out the wording on to Stampin' Up! cardstock, which worked brilliantly! I kept it quite simple, adding just a little flat bow in Pretty In Pink or Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon.



And here is the blanket! I stitched the cross and name and date on to a piece of white evenweave, as well as a few decorative bits in metallic gold thread and some sequins. The patch was then edged with gold ribbon and sewn on to the blanket (which was a bit tricky with the tassles I must admit!).



I hope Amy and Tom and all the family have a lovely day today! It's strange to think that I may have created some family heirlooms!

I'm always delighted to help with embroidery or papercraft commissions so please do give me a shout if you need anything!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP