Card making and sewing - two of my favourite things!

Monday 4 April 2011

As you will probably know I am fairly handy with a needle and love to stitch and sew.

I was over the moon when the Stampin' Up! Mini Catalogue was released with the beautiful Oh Sew Suite range.

There is DSP, stamps, a wheel, new buttons and an Embosslit, so I can combine my love for card making and sewing.



Here's the first card, using the Sew Lovely stamp set. I think this is so cute and right up my street!

There was a bit of masking here, where you hide off certain areas to create overlapping images, but this is not as tricky as it sounds! This allowed me to hide the reels behind the frame and create the dressing dummies of different heights.



And inside, a tape measure!



For my second sewing theme card, I used the Sweet Stitches DSP. This is so yummy and bright and can easily be the focus of the card on it's own.



I simply matted four square pieces and added a bit of fake stitching on the sentiment (which is from a US Stampin' Up! set - sorry!).

Tomorrow, I am keeping it on trend with an owl card!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP