Easter weekend

Monday 25 April 2011

I think this is about the only Easter weekend I've not spent with my family. Very strange, but I kinda did it without realising. I'm going back later this week as we're having a gathering for my grandma's 80th birthday (it's a surprise and all her grandkids wil be there) and I didn't want to be away from all my crafty goodies for too long!

Anyway, I have spent the time with some of my good friends instead. Yesterday I was round at Sam's to help her get started with the Big Shot and begin making her boxes, labels and tags for her yummy bath products. We had a good play, and this is one of the little boxes from the Mini Milk Carton Die.



The milk carton is made from Crumb Cake cardstock and we wrapped a piece from the Subtles DSP stack around it. Then made the label using Four Frames and the matching Decorative Label Punch, coloured in with the Stampin' Write markers. I added the wording using Just Perfect Alphabet and handwriting. Finally, it is (very poorly) tied with the Pretty In Pink 3mm Taffeta Ribbon.

We were both very pleased with how it looks - just the right balance of cuteness and vintage.

We also experimented with embossing the card once the template had been cut, which also looked pretty awesome, and using a Stampin' Around wheel and the Spritzer Tool to create a design on the carton, but I forgot to take pics!

After all this crafty fun we went to the pub for a cheeky beverage and sat in the sun for a while.

And now I have no idea what day it is and what I should be doing! Best go figure it out!

1 comments:

Donna Heber Monday, 25 April, 2011  

Gemma,

Beautiful vintage box! I hope you enjoyed your grandmother's 80th birthday. Happy Easter - I hope you had a blessed day.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP