Julie's Jems Mini Blog Hop

Saturday 9 April 2011

Hello and welcome to the Julie's Jems Mini Blog Hop!

Some of my SU family are getting together today in person for our training session and online to share a few more Mini Catalogue projects, so get ready to be wowed!

Hopefully you came here from Sarah B and enjoyed her creation. If not, you can always go back as well as forwards!

For my bit I made a fantastic male card. Well, female as well if you're anything like me.

Motorbikes are a huge passion of mine so I was thrilled to see this Motorcycle stamp in the new Stampin' Up! Mini Catalogue! Now I can make cards the men in my family will really appreciate! And we have a set with a plane too! It's called Plane & Simple. Hurrah!

Oh, here is my card!



I stamped the image on to Whisper White and matted it on Soft Suede, which was roughted up with the Cutter Kit.

The base is Crumb Cake and I added the decoration using the Swirls Scribles Dies on my Big Shot. It's really easy to create little elements like this through die cutting, and so quick!



I need to practice a bit with not getting glue everywhere though!

The Motorcycle stamp is one from the A La Carte range, which means it is a solo stamp. It costs just £7.95, so it's a great one if you need a cheaper option for male cards.

This card will probably go to my Dad for his birthday next month. And then he will get a plane one for Father's Day!

The next stop on the Julie's Jems Mini Blog Hop is Laura so go check out what she has done with the new goodies!

This is the last of my scheduled posts, so tomorrow I am (hopefully) back to daily blogging with the latest news as well as more Mini Catalogue projects.

11 comments:

Evelyn C Saturday, 09 April, 2011  

Brill card Gem - its so you! If you are having a problem with glue try a small sticker machine its great for adding all the little bits from the die cuts and leaves no glue marks xx BTW denman looked fab!

cardsandacuppa Saturday, 09 April, 2011  

I love this motorbike card, great colours and another stamp on the list!
Thanks for joining in with the swap and hop, Hugs xx

cardsandacuppa Saturday, 09 April, 2011  

I love this motorbike card, great colours and another stamp on the list!
Thanks for joining in with the swap and hop, Hugs xx

simplyfairies Saturday, 09 April, 2011  

Love this, a great use of he die too!

Lorraine Saturday, 09 April, 2011  

Great mans card, thanks for sharing

SarahLP Saturday, 09 April, 2011  

Great masculine card, Gemma! Thanks for sharing. Sx

Julie Saturday, 09 April, 2011  

Love how you've used the swirls - good to meet you today
Julie x

Jeannette Sunday, 10 April, 2011  

Fab card Gemma, I wasn't too keen on the swirls but now that I've seen them on your card it'll be on my next order. Great seeing you yesterday and thanks for the great swap card I need all the help I can get with that set.

Sharon Sunday, 10 April, 2011  

Great card Gem love how you've used the swirls.
Great to see you yesterday.
Sharon x

Unknown Tuesday, 12 April, 2011  

Great card Gem, a stamp I didn't think I wouild need???

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP