A pair of Big Shot cards

Wednesday 6 April 2011

For today's cards we go back to the Big Shot. Honestly, I don't know how I lived without this awesome die cutting machine!

These were sent to my mum as part of her recent order, and although I made them separately, it turns out they will be going to a lovely couple who have been family friends forever. Uncle Pez, who isn't really an uncle just a close friend of my dads since they were younger, and his wife Julie, are the lucky recipients!



For Julie's card I used the Fun Flowers and Leaves #2 Dies. I ran one of the leaves through the Big Shot again on the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder for added texture. I punched a hole in the middle of the flower and poked through a bit of curled up Seam Binding.

A bit of inking around the note card, and some ruffled Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon finished it all off nicely.



And for Pez's card, we have beer! The background strips were created with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder. It probably would have looked alright if they were just flat pieces of cardstock, but the embossing really gives it the wow factor and turns a simple card into something special.

The beer is from the Cheers To You set and a few strips of ribbon brings it all together.

I actually prepped the Big Shot bits of these cards during the Stampin' Up! Regional Training Tour in March. More perks of the job!

Come back tomorrow for some cards using the Clearly For You set.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP