A scrapbook page and The WI

Wednesday 13 April 2011

I had a lovely day out yesterday at the West Yorkshire Federation of Women's Institutes AGM. I went with my good friends Hayley and Siobhan and of course met a lot of lovely WI ladies from around the county and beyond.

We were running a craft stall for our WI and I am very pleased to say we sold quite a few goodies, including about 20 of my cards!

Here is our stand - doesn't it look good?!









We started off by singing Jerusalem then had all the usual meeting stuff - financial reports and updates from the various committees.

Then, Buns & Roses were awarded a trophy for getting the most new members!



I did a short presentation on stage about my visit to Denman College last week. I was so nervous but I think it was OK! I also manned the desk for the college at lunchtime and got to chat with many WI members.

There was also a craft competition. The theme was Seasons, so I did a scrapbook of the Formula 1 season in 2009 when Jenson Button won the world championship.



I didn't win, but it was good to have a try.



I made the flag by weaving strips of paper. The journaling is written on some of the Newsprint DSP.



I used chipboard and a button for Jenson's name! I coloured around the edge with a blackmarker to make it stand out.

Well that was just one day in my busy week and there are many more to come!

1 comments:

Vicky Hayes Thursday, 14 April, 2011  

Oh Gem - the button for Jenson Button's surname is a stroke of utter genius! If I lived in Leeds, I would definitely join Buns and Roses. Vx

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP