In Love With Stamping forum Mini Blog Hop

Saturday 2 April 2011

Hello and welcome to my little section of the ILWS Mini Blog Hop!

There are more than 50 demos taking part, so loads of yummy projects for you to admire!

You may have come to me from the lovely Alison. If so, I hope you enjoyed her work and are ready for more! If not, be sure to use the links at the bottom to complete all the rounds!

I am sharing a really sweet card I made for my friend Hayley's sister's wedding.

She asked for a navy colour scheme, so I teamed Night of Navy with Rose Red and Crumb Cake. I think this is a really lovely combo.



I have used a few new Stampin' Up! products here. The main stamp sets are Clearly For You (the birds) and Baby Blossoms (the frame and roses).

There are actually three birds on the stamp, but I just coloured the two in with my markers. I threaded some Linen Thread over the top for their wire and hooked on to that a little tag from the Tiny Tags stamp set, made with the Jewellery Tag Punch.

The little roses are so sweet and not as fiddly as they look! The set is one of the Two-Step Stampin' range, which is so clever and great for adding depth. You just stamp the background in a lighter colour and the detail in a darker one over the top, using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig for placement.

The background image is the beautiful (and big) Bella Toile, inked with Versamark for a watermarked effect on the cardstock.

And at the top, the gorgeous new Seam Binding in Crumb Cake, ruffled up by gently pulling out one of the strands from the middle.



Phew! I hope you got all that!

The next stop on the ILWS Mini Blog Hop is Emma so get over there and see what she has come up with!

There are four rounds to the hop so it is a bit easier to get round them all in batches!

Here are the starting points of each:

Round 1 Erika
Round 2 Angela
Round 3 Rita
Round 4 Karen

28 comments:

Sharon Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

Very pretty amd delicate...x

Vicky Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

Wow Gemma this is beautiful! I love the colour combo.

Caroline Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

This is such a cute card. I love the idea of just colouring in the two birds. TFS. x

Alison xx Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

Beautiful card Gemma. The flowers are so delicate!!

Bridgette Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

So pretty - love the ruffled ribbon detail and only using two little lovebirds is so clever - B.

Unknown Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

This is gorgeous... love the colour combo. Can't wait for the Four Frames to be available on Clear-mount, I am soo wanting them :) x

Emma Harrison Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

I love the detail of the Mr & Mrs bird on the card, so sweet, and a lovely colour scheme.

Zoe Tant Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

beautiful card Gemma. I'm resisting this set at the mo, but just might need it now to go with my 4 frames. Zoƫ x

Amanda Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

Absolutely beautiful Gemma.... I must get those stamps mounted and into action!!

Linny Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

Beautiful card. I also love the one below. I just love bright pink. So many blogs to visit!Linda

Unknown Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

Just beautiful!! Love the little birds. xx

Simple homemade living Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

I love your card Gemma it's so beautiful x x

Evelyn C Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

This is simply beautiful Gemma - love the colour combo x

Scrapin' It & Stampin' It Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

I didn't think indeed those baby blossom stamps but now I do - love how you have used them on your card

Jeannette Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

Beautiful Card Gemma. I love those little Birds!

Unknown Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

this is lovely Gemma. Emma xx

Karen Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

I really love the new seam binding and baby blossoms too. Thanks for sharing

Karen x

kara Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

i love the colours you have used - very elegant without being overly girly (if you know what i mean!!)

Clare Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

Beautiful, love the colour combo!
Clare x

SarahLP Sunday, 03 April, 2011  

Wow, beautiful wedding card Gemma! I really want the Baby Blossoms stamps now. Love how you coloured just two of the birds with markers.. fantastic!

Lorraine Sunday, 03 April, 2011  

Baby Blossoms now need this set, I have been putting off but you have now convinced me lolol

Anonymous,  Sunday, 03 April, 2011  

Oooh! Lovely Gem! Those Baby Blossoms are fab, aren't they??

Cate Sunday, 03 April, 2011  

Sweet projects here on your blog! Lovely!!

Carol Sunday, 03 April, 2011  

The colours are fab together! I don't use Navy nearly enough, must rectify that!!
Gorgeous card :)

carol xxx

Anonymous,  Monday, 04 April, 2011  

I love those flowers, they're on my ever growing wishlist!

Alex

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP