Old pics! WI stand at the Knitting and Stitching Show

Thursday 14 April 2011

Just a quickie today to share a couple of pics from last year!

The West Yorkshire Federation of Women's Institutes had a stand at the Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate last November, and myself and some fellow Buns & Roses members went along to help out.

I was manning the demonstration table for a few hours, making a few bits and chatting to lots of lovely people - men and women, members and non-members (but hopefully future members!).



Here I am stitchign away! I was doing some patchwork pin cushions, decorated eggs as Christmas ornaments and Suffolk puffs.



This is me and Hayley together.

It was such a lovely few hours and I got to chat to a lot of amazing people. Everyone was so enthusiastic and keen to learn about Tthe WI and what we were doing, both on the stand and in the wider context.

I know I say it a lot (especially if you have me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter) but The WI is properly brilliant. Since joining 18 months ago I have learnt a lot of new skills, made many new friends and had a LOT of laughs.

I am very glad to say I have been able to get involved with The WI on many levels and plan to do so much more over the years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP